Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson & Farah Fawcett passing




The news is full tonight full of the passing of two celebrities, Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett so I thought I would share my thoughts on both.

Michael Jackson's music was great. I really liked the Thriller album but that's not what I think of most when I think of his work. For the fans of Disneyland these is another side to him, Captain EO. This was a great 3-D movie and one of my favorite attractions at Disneyland at that time. It was always a must see. It was was directed by Francis Ford Coppola and executive produced by George Lucas. So, for Disneyland fans, his passing is another mark in the park's history.

Growing up there was Charlie's Angels and Farah Fawcett. I don't know if she is known more for the work or the poster that found it's way into many a bedroom. I remember one quote that summed up her at that time. It went like this: "There are silver faucets, there are gold faucets, but there in no faucet like Farah Fawcett."

Along with Ed McMahon, Michael and Farah will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to comments. I have recently learned that comments come to me as anonymous. Therefore, please sign your comments unless you really want to be anonymous. Let's keep the discussions on topic. Thanks...