Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Where is Ken Downey?

As of the this posting there is still one current city council member not accounted for in the list of filed candidates. That council member is Ken Downey. I have a few thoughts as to why he is not on the list. They are:
1. I know he has until Friday afternoon to file and his schedule may not have allowed him to get to the Auditor's office until later in the week.
2. He has decided not to run again and has not made this public as of yet.
3. He and council member Olson or Zimmerman have a plan to switch positions at the last moment.

You might be wondering why I put option three down. Follow this logic. Mr. Olson files first thing Monday making everyone think he is going for position 7 again. Then, on Friday afternoon he withdraws his candidacy and refiles under position 5. Then Mr. Downey files for position 7. This is perfectly legal. There is nothing to say that either one can't change positions. The idea behind such a move would be to try and throw off their challengers. This might not happen but it is an interesting thought for discussion. How would such a switch effect the outcome of the election, if at all? Your thoughts?

I am planning on being at the County Auditor's office Friday afternoon to watch the comings and goings seeing this is my first election. I find this all fascinating and this is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to comments. I have recently learned that comments come to me as anonymous. Therefore, please sign your comments unless you really want to be anonymous. Let's keep the discussions on topic. Thanks...