Thursday, August 6, 2009

US Coast Guard Celebrates 219th Anniversary

As a proud Coastie dad and a member of the Coast Guard Auxiliary, I just wanted to express my thanks to all those who are serving in the Coast Guard. When most people are fleeing a situation, the Coast Guard is heading in. They truly are America's Guardians of the Sea.

"Nearly 42,000 active-duty, 7,484 reserve, 7,659 civilian and 29,000 auxiliary personnel use 247 cutters, 1,850 boats and 204 aircraft to save lives, protect property, ensure the prosperity of our maritime nation, facilitate maritime commerce and protect our nation against all hazards and all threats." (From the Coast Guard announcement)

Happy Anniversary..."Semper Paratus" (Always Ready)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to comments. I have recently learned that comments come to me as anonymous. Therefore, please sign your comments unless you really want to be anonymous. Let's keep the discussions on topic. Thanks...